Ellen Middleton NP, Ph.D.
University Centers of Excellence Provider
Ellen Middleton, NP, Ph.D., is a registered Nurse Practitioner and researcher with areas of emphasis on maternal physical and mental health, immigrant health, intimate partner violence, perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, and perinatal morbidity and mortality.
In addition to being a fellow with the Preterm Birth Initiative at University of California, San Francisco, she holds a faculty position with UCSF and is the volunteer Chair of the Central California Perinatal Mental Health Collaborative. Since 2001, she has been a preceptor to medical and nursing students providing them with instruction on a wellness-based collaborative approach to women’s and adolescent health care.
Her hobbies include travel, cycling, and spending time with her family.
Education & Medical Training
- University of California, San Francisco; Nursing Ph.D.
- University of California, San Francisco; Nursing M.S.
- California State University Dominguez Hills; Nursing B.S.
- University of California, San Francisco/Planned Parenthood Obstetrics & Gynecology Nurse Practitioner Program; NP
- San Antonio College; A.S.
Certifications & Licensure
- Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurse
- American Society for Psychoprophylaxis in Obstetrics/Lamaze Certified Educator
- National Certification Corporation Certification – Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner