Derek Taggard M.D.
- Associate Clinical Professor, UCSF
University Centers of Excellence Provider
Derek A. Taggard, M.D., was born and raised in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
He attended the United States Air Force Academy where he was a Distinguished Graduate in 1992.
After attending the University of Colorado School of Medicine, he obtained his training in spine and neurosurgery at the University of Iowa.
While at the University of Iowa, Dr. Taggard also completed a post-doctoral research fellowship.
Dr. Taggard is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
Education & Medical Training
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Resident, Neurosurgery University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Intern, General Surgery University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Medical Degree University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Bachelor of Science United States Air Force Academy (Biology) Colorado Springs, Colorado, Distinguished Graduate
Certifications & Licensure
- Diplomate, American Board of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- AANS/CNS Section on Neurotrauma and Critical Care
- California State Medical License
- US Air Force
- Operation Enduring Freedom (2009-10), Bagram, Afghanistan
- Operation Iraqi Freedom (2005), Balad, Iraq