Dennis DeSimone DO
Dennis DeSimone, DO, is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology as well as gynecologic oncology. He is also fellowship trained in gynecologic oncology.
Dr. DeSimone attended Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine at Virginia Tech. He then completed an obstetrics and gynecology residency with the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey where he served as Chief Resident during his final year of residency. Dr. DeSimone then completed a gynecologic oncology fellowship with Cooper University Hospital in Camden, New Jersey, an MD Anderson affiliate. Since then, he has performed hundreds of complex and robotic surgeries.
Prior to joining Central California Faculty Medical Group, Dr. DeSimone practiced at the Zangmeister Cancer Center in Columbus, Ohio, and was a clinical faculty member at Ohio State University. He was also an attending physician in gynecologic oncology at Woman’s Hospital of Baton Rouge and Clinical Faculty at Louisiana State University and Tulane University. There, Dr. DeSimone was a physician sponsor for implementing an adult palliative care program and the STAR rehabilitation program. Dr. DeSimone provided oversight in the development of a comprehensive cancer care program in partnership with Our Lady of the Lake and Mary Byrd Perkins Cancer Center in Baton Rouge, LA.
As an active member of the medical community, Dr. DeSimone is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the Society of Gynecologic Oncology, and the American Osteopathic Association. He has been actively involved in enrolling his patients in clinical trial research. He also has been published numerous times for research on cell biology, in addition to lecturing on multiple aspects of gynecologic care.
If you asked him why he wanted to become a doctor, Dr. DeSimone would say it is because of his love of people, his desire to heal and to work with patients in their care at some of the most vulnerable times in their lives.
When Dr. DeSimone is not in the office caring for patients, you can generally find him spending time with his wife and children, hiking, fishing, cooking, or watching college football.
Education and Training
- Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship – Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Cooper University Hospital (MD Anderson-affiliate) – Camden, NJ
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency – University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Stratford, NJ
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Internship – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine – Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine – Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine at Virginia Tech – Blacksburg, VA
- Masters of Science, Biomedical Sciences – University of South Carolina- School of Medicine – Columbia, SC
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Chemistry – Cook College – Rutgers University – New Brunswick, NJ
Licensure & Certifications
- American Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology: Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology: Certification in Gynecologic Oncology
- California State Medical License
- Ohio State Medical License
- Louisiana State Medical License
- New Jersey State Medical License