David W. Lee M.D., FCCP
- Center Director, Cystic Fibrosis Program, UCSF Fresno
- Associate Clinical Professor, UCSF
- Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, UCSF Fresno
University Centers of Excellence Provider
David W. Lee, M.D., FCCP, is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Sleep Medicine.
He earned his medical degree from the University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine. His residency in Internal Medicine was completed at the University of Massachusetts affiliate hospitals where he served as Chief Resident. His fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine was finished at Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
His professional interests involve the full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient clinical duties in relation to Internal Medicine, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine. He is a core faculty member in the Internal Medicine Department, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine fellowship, and Sleep Medicine fellowship.
Dr. Lee has a special interest in cystic fibrosis. He is the Center Director of the UCSF Fresno Cystic Fibrosis Program for both adult and pediatric care programs. The program has received national accreditation by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in 2016 and is an affiliate program of UCSF Medical Center, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, and Children’s Hospital of Oakland programs. All clinics and inpatients are staffed by residents and fellows of the UCSF Fresno residency program. He oversees the care of all pediatric and adult patients and leads, as well as mentors, a multi-disciplinary team of nurses, nutritionists, respiratory therapists, and social workers. In addition, he works closely with the adult program at UCSF Parnassus campus to coordinate lung transplant referrals.
Dr. Lee serves on several influential committees including the Clinical Competency Committee of the UCSF Fresno Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine fellowship, the Multi Specialty Peer Review Committee of CRMC, the Board of Directors of CCFMG, and the Pediatric Operations Committee at CRMC.
Education & Medical Training
- University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine, Alberta, Canada; Medical School
- University of Massachusetts affiliate hospitals; Internal Medicine Residency, Chief Resident
- Alpert Medical School Of Brown University; Fellowship
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Internal Medicine Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Critical Care Medicine Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Pulmonary Disease Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Sleep Medicine Certification
Other research activities:
Pulmonary Medicine & Critical Care Medicine Physicians
Internal Medicine, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, and Interventional Pulmonology