David Abel M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
David Abel, M.D., is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal/Fetal Medicine.
He earned his medical degree from State University of New York Health Sciences Center. He then went on to complete residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Maine Medical Center. His fellowship at Duke University Medical Center was completed in Maternal/Fetal Medicine.
His interests include prenatal diagnosis/genetics, ultrasound, fetal echocardiography, preconception counseling, teratology, thrombophilias and anticoagulation in pregnancy, and antidepressant use during pregnancy.
David Abel, M.D., is a fellow of both the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
His hobbies include pickling, collecting rock music criticism books, hiking in the desert.
Education & Medical Training
- Duke University Medical Center; Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship
- Maine Medical Center; Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency
- University of Southern California; Obstetrics and Gynecology Internship
- State University of New York Health Sciences Center; Medical School
- Tufts University; Child Development B.A. magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Certification
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology – Maternal/Fetal Medicine Certification