Cynthia Curry MD
- Professor of Pediatrics Emerita, UCSF
- Adjunct Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, Stanford University
- Director, Prenatal Diagnostic Centers, Community Regional Medical Center
- Director, Cancer Genetics, Community Regional Medical Center/Clovis
- Acting Medical Director, Genetic Medicine, Community Regional Medical Center
Cynthia Curry, MD, is board certified in pediatrics and clinical genetics.
Dr. Curry attended Mount Holyoke College in Massachusetts to earn her Bachelor of Arts in zoology and physiology. She then attended Yale University, where she obtained her medical degree. Dr. Curry then completed an internship and residency through the University of Washington at Children’s Orthopedic Hospital in Seattle. She went on to continue her pediatric residency program at the University of Minnesota Hospital in Minneapolis. Dr. Curry completed a fellowship in genetics and dysmorphology at the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Curry has a wide range of interests, including syndrome delineation, brain malformations, intellectual disability, stillbirth and neonatal death, and prenatal diagnosis of syndromes. She works with the State of California Birth Defects Monitoring Program and is on the advisory board of Face2Gene .
Dr. Curry has been incredibly active in the medical community throughout her career. She is an author of more than 140 articles and chapters and in 2019 had the release of the book Genetic Consultations in the Newborn with Robin D. Clark, MD. She has won multiple awards, including the Faculty Research Award at UCSF Fresno for the 1983-1984 academic year, the Outstanding Achievement in Women’s Health Research from the Fresno Madera Medical Society, the American Academy of Pediatrics David W Smith award in 2014 and the Western Society for Pediatric Research, Joseph St Geme award in 2020.
When Dr. Curry isn’t caring for patients, you can find her planning her next adventure, enjoying time in her garden, or making memories with her grandchildren.
Education and Training
- Genetics and Dysmorphology Fellowship – University of California, San Francisco – San Francisco, CA
- Pediatric Residency – University of Minnesota – University of Minnesota Hospital – Minneapolis, MN
- Pediatric Residency – University of Washington – Children’s Orthopedic Hosptial – Seattle, WA
- Doctor of Medicine – Yale University School of Medicine – New Haven, CT
Licensure & Certifications
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Medical Genetics – Clinical Genetics
- California State Medical License