Christopher Downer M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
- Residency Program Director, UCSF Fresno Department of Ostetrics & Gynecology
- Director of Obstetrics, UCSF Fresno
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Christopher Downer, M.D., FACOG, is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Dr. Downer attended University of California, Davis for his undergraduate coursework, double majoring and receiving degrees in both Biological Sciences and Psychology. He then went on to complete medical school at Pennsylvania State University’s College of Medicine. Upon completion of his medical degree, Dr. Downer completed his Obstetrics and Gynecology residency training at UCSF Fresno Medicine Education Program. After completing residency training, Dr. Downer spent the next four years as an OB/GYN physician for the U.S. Army at Landstuhl, Germany, the largest military overseas OB/GYN department in the world.
Dr. Downer’s clinical interests include: high risk obstetrics, hypertensive disease, stress urinary incontinence procedures, and advanced laparoscopy including total laparoscopic hysterectomy procedures.
In his free time, Dr. Downer enjoys fishing, golfing and traveling the globe.
Education and Training
- University of California, San Francisco, Fresno; Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency
- Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine; Medical School
- University of California, Davis; Majors in Biological Sciences and Psychology
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology Certification