Christine Nelson M.D.
- Associate Clinical Professor, UCSF
Christine Nelson, M.D., is board certified in Pediatrics and fellowship trained in Neonatology and Ambulatory Pediatrics.
She earned her medical degree from University of Wisconsin. Her residency in Pediatrics was completed at University of California, Irvine where she also finished her fellowship in Ambulatory Pediatrics. She finished her fellowship in Neonatology at Miller Children’s Hospital.
She previously served as the Co-Medical Director of the Kaweah Delta Medical Center Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, the Medical Director of Inpatient Pediatrics at Kaweah Delta Medical Center, and the Medical Director of the General Pediatrics CareLine at Miller Children’s Hospital. She has held faculty positions at University of California, Irvine and the A.T. Stills School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona.
Dr. Nelson is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Her hobbies include reading, knitting, cruising, and spending time with her children and grandchildren.
Education and Training
- Miller’s Children’s Hospital; Neonatology Fellowship
- University of California, Irvine; Ambulatory Pediatrics Fellowship
- University of California, Irvine; Pediatrics Residency
- Memorial Hospital Medical Center, Long Beach, CA; Internship
- University of Wisconsin; Medical School
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Pediatrics Certification (lifetime)