Christina Maser M.D., FACS
- Associate Clinical Professor, UCSF
- Medical Director, University Surgical Associates
Endocrine Surgery and General Surgery
Christina Maser, M.D., FACS, is board certified in Surgery and fellowship trained in Surgical Endocrinology.
She earned her medical degree at Michigan State University. Her residency in Surgery was completed at William Beaumont Hospital, and her fellowship in Surgical Endocrinology was completed at Yale University School of Medicine.
Christina Maser, M.D., FACS, is an Associate Clinical Professor of University of California, San Francisco in the UCSF Fresno Department of Surgery.
She has worked to bring minimally invasive techniques to the Central Valley with the help of Community Medical Centers. She performs small incision thyroidectomy, minimally invasive parathyroidectomy, and laparoscopic adrenal surgery.
She continues to be passionate about education including medical students and residents of UCSF Fresno and UC Merced San Joaquin Valley PRIME. In addition, she provides CME lectures helping local and regional physicians stay abreast in latest developments in the field of endocrine surgery.
In her free time, Christina Maser, M.D., FACS, enjoys outdoor activities, especially cycling, hiking, and spending time with family.
Education and Training
- Yale University School of Medicine; Surgical Endocrinology
- William Beaumont Hospital; Surgery Residency
- Michigan State University; Medical School
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Surgery Certification
Research and Publications
- Kohlbrenner A, Dirks R, Davis J, Wolfe M, Maser C. Of duty hour violations and shift work: changing the educational paradigm. Am J Surg. 2016 Jun; 211(6):1164-8.
- Ivascu FA, Howells GA, Junn FS, Bair HA, Bendick PJ, Janczyk RJ. Predictors of mortality in trauma patients with intracranial hemorrhage on preinjury aspirin or clopidogrel. J Trauma. 2008 Oct; 65(4):785-8.
- Yeo H, Roman S, Air M, Maser C, Trapasso T, Kinder B, Sosa JA. Filling a void: thyroid cancer surgery information on the internet. World J Surg. 2007 Jun; 31(6):1185-91; discussion 1192-3.
- Air M, Roman SA, Yeo H, Maser C, Trapasso T, Kinder B, Sosa JA. Outdated and incomplete: a review of thyroid cancer on the World Wide Web. Thyroid. 2007 Mar; 17(3):259-65