Chandrasekar Palaniswamy M.D., MBBS
- Assistant Professor, UCSF
University Centers of Excellence Provider
Chandrasekar Palaniswamy, M.D., MBBS, is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. He completed his fellowship in Cardiology at New York Medical College where he also served as the Chief Fellow. Following this, he underwent training in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology at Mount Sinai Hospital, New York.
Dr. Palaniswamy has significant expertise in therapies for cardiac arrhythmias – including implantation of pacemakers, defibrillators and catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation, supraventricular and ventricular tachycardias. He offers the full spectrum of arrhythmia therapies. He has been the lead author or co-author for several research articles that have been published in prestigious journals such as Circulation, Journal of the American Heart Association, Heart Rhythm, JACC Electrophysiology, American Journal of Cardiology and International Journal of Cardiology. He is an associate member of the American College of Cardiology and Heart Rhythm Society.
Education & Medical Training
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- New York Medical College at Westchester Medical Center; Cardiology Fellowship
- New York Medical College at Westchester Medical Center; Internal Medicine Residency
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Internal Medicine Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Cardiovascular Disease Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Certification
- California State Medical License