Brian Chinnock M.D.
- Clinical Professor, UCSF
- Ultrasound Area of Concentration Director, UCSF Fresno
Brian Chinnock, M.D., is board certified in Emergency Medicine.
He earned his medical degree at University of Arizona, Tucson. His residency in Emergency Medicine was completed at University of California, San Francisco, Fresno where he earned the position of Chief Resident.
Brian Chinnock M.D. has won many teaching awards including Top Resident Teacher and Top Medical Student Teacher at UCSF Fresno Department of Emergency Medicine and Outstanding Faculty Award at Texas Tech Health Sciences Center. He has also won the Faculty Research Award.
Besides ultrasound education, his primary field of research is in the emergency department care of the end-stage liver disease patient in the assessment for spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, with numerous publications on this topic.
He is also the Chess Club coach at Dry Creek Elementary School.
Education & Medical Training
- University of California, San Francisco, Fresno; Emergency Medicine Residency
- University of Arizona, Tucson; Medical School
- University of Arizona; Cellular/Developmental Biology B.S.
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Emergency Medicine Certification
- California State Medical License
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Prehospital Base Station Physician
- ACEP/SAEM Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Credential
- Registered Diagnostic Sonographer