Betty Liao Ph.D.
- Counseling Psychologist, UCSF
- Director of Student Psychological Services, UCSF Fresno
Betty Liao, Ph.D., earned her Ph.D. in Psychology from University of California, Los Angeles.
She is currently the Director of Student Psychological Services at UCSF Fresno. She previously instructed students in psychology at UCLA since 2010.
Her extensive list of experience includes treating patients and meeting with families at the University of California, San Diego Eating Disorders Center for Treatment and Research, providing therapy to veterans at the Jerry L. Pettis Memorial Veterans Medical Center, developing and implementing treatment protocols for anxiety-based disorders at the UCLA Anxiety Disorders Research Center, and serving as the Student Therapy Supervisor at the UCLA Psychology Clinic.
In her free time, Betty Liao, Ph.D., enjoys spending time with her family and dogs in the foothills of the western Sierra Mountains, grilling in her backyard, and playing tennis. She is fluent in Mandarin-Chinese.
Education and Training
- University of California, Los Angeles; Clinical Psychology Ph.D., Quantitative Psychology Minor
- University of California, Los Angeles; Clinical Psychology M.A.
- University of California, Los Angeles; Psychology B.A.
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Licensed Psychologist