David Benavidez MD
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
David Benavidez, MD, is fellowship trained in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
He attended medical school at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry in Rochester, New York. After obtaining his medical degree, Dr. Benavidez continued his medical education at University of Southern Alabama in Mobile, Alabama where he completed an Adult Psychiatry residency and served as Chief Resident during that time. He remained at University of Southern Alabama to complete his fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Some of Dr. Benavidez’s interests include writing, podcasting, martial arts, and medical digital media creation.
Education and Training
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship – University of Southern Alabama – Mobile, AL
- Adult Psychiatry Residency, Chief Resident – University of Southern Alabama – Mobile, AL
- Doctor of Medicine – University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry – Rochester, NY
- Post-baccalaureate Premedical Program – University of Buffalo – Buffalo, NY
- Bachelor of Science, Community Health – California State University, Fresno – Fresno, CA
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- Alabama State Medical License