Athira Nair M.D., MBBS, FAAP
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
University Centers of Excellence Provider
Athira Nair, M.D., FAAP, is board certified in Pediatrics and fellowship trained in Pediatric Cardiology. She is currently board eligible in Pediatric Cardiology.
She completed residency in Pediatrics at Shands Children’s Hospital at UF, Gainesville, FL. She then went on to finish her fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology at Penn State Hershey Medical Center.
She has volunteered her time for many organizations. She has done medical mission trips to Ecuador during her fellowship and held heart health camps in India during her residency. She was the president of the Anti-Tobacco Movement at Amrita which is a World Health Organization registered initiative. She was also a volunteer teacher at SOS Village leading the education and development of a group of children in an orphanage for two years.
She has special interest in global health and women’s empowerment. Her motto for patient care is personalized care and likes to go the extra step for her patients.
In her free time, Athira Nair, M.D., FAAP, enjoys gardening, hanging out at the beach, dancing and singing. She is fluent in Malayalam and Tamil.
Education & Medical Training
- Hershey Medical Center; Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship
- Shands Children’s Hospital at UF; Pediatrics Residency
- Richmond University Medical Center; Pediatric Internship
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research; Medical School
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Pediatrics Certification
- California State Medical License
- Pennsylvania State Medical License