Arash Afshinnik M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
Arash Afshinnik, M.D., completed his residency in Adult Neurology at University of Chicago and finished his fellowship in Neurocritical Care at Emory University.
He holds positions in the Neurocritical Care Society including Chair of Fundraising and is a member of the Finance and Annual Meeting Committees and has received multiple citations of achievement by the President of the Neurocritical Care Society. He also was the primary investigator for multiple clinical trials and was awarded the best new clinical site in 2014 for the ATACH II trial.
His hobbies include woodworking and painting with acrylic paints. He is fluent in Farsi.
Education and Training
- Emory University; Neurocritical Care Fellowship
- University of Chicago; Adult Neurology Residency
- University of Nevada; Internal Medicine Internship
- George’s University School of Medicine; Medical School
- University of California, Davis; Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior B.S.
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Certification
- United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties, Neurocritical Care Certification