Amy Kwok MD, MPH, FACS
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
- Program Director, UCSF Fresno General Surgery Residency
- Medical Program Director, UCSF Fresno Acute Care/Trauma Surgery PA Residency
General Surgery, Critical Care Surgery
Amy Kwok, MD, MPH, FACS, is board certified in surgery and surgical critical care.
Dr. Kwok is an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Surgery at UCSF Fresno and is the program director for the general surgery residency program.
Dr. Kwok received both her master’s degree in public health and her medical degree from Boston University, and completed her internship at Our Lady of Mercy Hospital. Subsequently she graduated from the general surgery residency program at Kaiser Permanente in Los Angeles. Dr. Kwok continued her education with an acute care surgery fellowship completed at UCSF Fresno.
In her role as program director for the general surgery residency program she leads all administrative processes from recruitment, placement, indoctrination, education, evaluations, mentoring and regulatory compliance guidelines for all residents and fellows. Dr. Kwok also serves as the lead in the curriculum development for the Surgery Skills Lab Training for residents, which is a key development tool to enhancing basic suturing and knot tying skills, both in open and laparoscopic surgery, as well as refining endoscopic and competently advanced laparoscopic skills.
Dr. Kwok joined the core faculty in the Department of Surgery in acute care surgery and surgical critical care at Community Regional Medical Center in 2012. In her role as teaching faculty, her activities consist of quantifiable and didactic education mostly in the clinical setting where students are from a wide variety of educational levels, including medical students, residents, and fellows.
She is member of the Fresno Madera Medical Society of California Medical Association and has been invited to present both nationally and regionally for her interests in trauma and critical care.
Education and Training
- University of California, San Francisco, Fresno; Acute Care Surgery Fellowship
- Kaiser Permanente, Los Angeles; Surgery Residency
- Boston University School of Medicine; Medical School
- Boston University; Medical Sciences/Public Health MA/MPH
- University of California, Riverside; Biochemistry M.S.
- University of California, Riverside; Biochemistry B.S., Music Minor
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Surgery Certification
- American Board of Surgery – Surgical Critical Care Certification