Alya Zia Ahmad M.D., FAAP
- Associate Clinical Professor, UCSF
Alya Zia Ahmad, M.D., FAAP, is board certified in Pediatrics.
She earned her medical degree at University of Texas Health Science Center and she finished residency in pediatrics at University of Texas, Houston Health Science Center.
Dr. Ahmad is currently an Associate Clinical Professor of University of California, San Francisco in the UCSF Fresno Department of Pediatrics. She was previously the Director and founder of the Down Syndrome Clinic at Sheikh Khalifa Hospital in Abu Dhabi, affiliated with Cleveland Clinic, with special interests in academic medicine and special needs services.
She has been a volunteer physician with Walk With-Me.org, Operation Smile and Down Syndrome International and a Medical Board Advisor for Make-A-Wish International. She has a special interest in Global Health Pediatrics and volunteers on various medical mission for the underserved, in Lebanon, UAE, Thailand, Pakistan, and in the USA.
Her hobbies include gardening, hiking, narrative medicine, traveling, and cooking. She is fluent in Urdu, Hindi, Spanish, and Medical Arabic.
Education & Medical Training
- Pediatrics Residency; University of Texas, Houston Health Science Center
- Medical School; University of Texas Health Science Center
- Chemical Engineering B.S. magna cum laude with honors; University of Texas – Austin
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- Texas State Medical License
- American Board of Pediatrics – General Certification
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease, Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Pulmonary Hypertension