X-ray Technician – University Orthopaedic Associates
JOB PURPOSE: Operate X-ray equipment to make radiology of designated portions of body as ordered by the physician.
Job Qualification Requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Graduate of an approved AMA School of Radiologic Technology.
• Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to perform X-ray testing. Knowledge of radiology equipment and safety hazards common to radiology including equipment, body mechanics, and patient movement.
• Skill in properly positioning patient, identifying equipment problems, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
• Ability to apply written guidelines, standardized work practices and to communicate clearly.
• At least one year of X-ray Tech experience preferred.
• Current State C.R.T. license, A.R.R.T. Certified preferred.
• Requires manual and finger dexterity, eye-hand coordination for operation assists of all department equipment.
• Lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Assists patients weighing up to 300 pounds and place them in appropriate positions for operation of equipment.
• Requires eyesight correctable, close to 20/20 to operate department equipment and review developed films.
• Prepares patients for radiological procedures. Takes X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
• Uses a variety of radiation protection and shielding materials.
• Insures equipment is in working order. Reports equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
• Logs Radiologic procedures completed. Processes routine paper work. Types and files reports as requested.
• Maintains examination rooms. Stocks necessary medical and Radiologic supplies.
• Develops and processes Radiologic film. Delivers, picks up and returns films.
• Attends required staff and educational meetings.
• Maintains patient confidentiality.
• Performs related work as required.
• Other duties as assigned to meet company standards.