Training Specialist – Compliance Department
JOB PURPOSE: The position is responsible for the organization’s information security awareness and education program. In collaboration with the CIO, ITS support staff and Privacy Officer, this position will manage a broad set of activities, including: drafting publications, facilitating internal marketing campaigns, creating timelines and infographics; and helping to plan outreach, awareness, and educational events.
• Bachelor’s degree in education or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• Experience working in healthcare preferred.
• Understanding of Privacy and HIPAA as it relates to IT preferred.
• Applies a basic knowledge of information security and risk mitigation principles, theories, and techniques in daily work.
• Demonstrates understanding and use of basic project management methodologies, including the ability to plan, develop, manage and maintain an organization wide program over the longer term.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization, including both professional and administrative personnel.
• Independently writes or develops well-structured and persuasive end products.
• Possesses the desire to learn and integrate new capabilities in digital technology, such as audio, video, social media, online communities, blogs, and other web-based technologies.
• Is highly organized and able to multi-task and manage concurrent deadlines.
• Demonstrates a high degree of independence, integrity and confidentiality.
• Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
• Position in a well lighted office environment. Frequent contract with a variety of people.
• Travel requirements:
• Travel to company locations 60% of time.
• Must maintain a valid CA driver’s license and current auto insurance.
• Involves sitting approximately 75 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder. Some bending, stooping, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
• Develop short and long term strategies, goals, and objectives for the information security training, education, and awareness program
• Serve as an internal consultant and advisor in own area of expertise (e.g., technical, copyright, print media, teaching and learning, etc.)
• Identify the current and future top human risks to the organization.
• Create information security training, education, and awareness programs to reduce organizational risk.
• Create and train information security awareness program using a variety of media and training techniques to engage learner.
• Promote awareness of information security policies through the creation and maintenance of an online program.
• Create policy and process documentation related to information security training, education, and awareness programs as needed.
• Create a metrics framework that can effectively measure engagement, behaviors, and impact and evaluate the effectiveness of program
• Coordinate efforts with Affiliate security officers and develop professional relationships with other Healthcare Information educators to develop strategies and maintain consistent messaging across the organization.
• Incorporate appropriate level learning methodologies into design and delivery of content.
• Apply Instructional Design best practices into the development of courses and curricula.
• Facilitate successful social learning experiences in small group settings (virtual and in-person).
• Other duties as assigned.