Phone Operator – University Orthopaedic Associates
JOB PURPOSE: This position is responsible for answering incoming telephone calls and triaging patient complaints. Back-up support for front office duties as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent, with additional related specialized training.
• Graduation from a medical office assistant training program or comparable work experience.
• Two years related work experience in a medical office setting preferred.
• Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to use multi-line phone systems and triage patient phone calls.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
• Triage patient calls by gathering complete information on patient symptoms, problems and responses needed. Confirm physicians’ schedules and patients’ appointments. Handle telephone calls and distribute messages to the appropriate individual in a timely manner.
• Telephone coverage; when unable to assist caller take a complete message and direct to the appropriate office personnel.
• Maintain open lines of communication with Office Manager in regards to patient and physician concerns.
• Welcome patients, visitors, physicians and staff in a warm and friendly manner.
• Performs all reminder calls to patients for next day appointments.
• Act as back-up to front desk position, greeting patients.
• Other administrative duties and/or projects required to meet company performance standards.