Office Manager – University Medicine Associates
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for the day to day management of staff and office operations to ensure a productive and patient-centered environment.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• High School diploma or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in health or business administration preferred.
• Minimum three years experience as Office Manager in a physician office or similar healthcare setting.
• Previous supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of basic accounting procedures, medical billing and coding practices.
• Knowledge of medical practices, terminology and reimbursement policies.
• Knowledge of a variety of medical office procedures, laboratory and testing procedures.
• Advanced computer skills with knowledge and experience in medical billing software and MS Word applications.
• Skill in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
• Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures.
• Skill in problem solving.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
• Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
• Monitor and coordinate office staffing needs with respect to patient demand, physician schedules and available support staff. Recommend need for additional support staff to Faculty Practice Director (FPD).
• Provide status updates regularly to FPD and Medical Director, and work toward achieving performance improvement goals.
• Evaluate office operations, monitor trends, and implement changes as required to improve practice operations and patient flow.
• Assist with the development and updates of policies and procedures for patient care, provider authorization, safety and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure accurate and timely submission of all physician charges and deposits to the administrative office. Communicate with FPD and billing personnel on any outstanding issues.
• Act as a liaison to patients, site physicians, administrative support and billing personnel, insurance providers and outside vendors to ensure good communication and efficient workflow practices.
• Provide timely performance reviews and ensure staff is provided with the necessary training, performance improvement goal expectations, and resources to perform their job duties.
• Coordinate the purchase of office supplies and maintenance of office supply inventory.
• Assist FPD with the negotiation of facility and service contracts as requested.
• Coordinate building maintenance and janitorial service to ensure the work environment is safe and meets OSHA and cleanliness standards.
• Approve invoices from outside vendors and submit check requests to accounts payable for payment.
• Remain current in private practice site management through literature review, membership in professional associations and attendance at relevant training seminars or workshops.
• Actively participate in physician and departmental meetings.
• Develop and adhere to a schedule for regular office staff and physician meetings.
• Promote the mission, values and foundations of CCFMG at all levels in the organization and to our internal and external customers.
• Other projects and assignments required to meet company performance standards.