Office Lead – University Diabetes and Endocrine Specialists
JOB PURPOSE: A nonexempt position responsible for coordinating and overseeing activities of the office team members to ensure compassionate and professional care for patients and effective and efficient office workflow.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
• Graduation from an accredited two-year medical assistant program.
Experience & Certifications:
• Four years work related experience required.
• Current CPR certification required.
• Experience in a lead medical assistant role preferred.
• Certified California Medical Assistant preferred.
• Medical Front Office or administrative experience preferred
• Supervisory or management experience preferred
• Knowledge of health care field, medical terminology and medical office protocols & procedures.
• Knowledge of specific assisting tasks related to the particular specialty medical practice.
• Basic knowledge of MS Office, Word and Excel.
• Bi-lingual English / Spanish preferred.
• Skill in performing medical assistant tasks appropriately and within the Medical Assistant Scope of Practice.
• Tact and diplomacy with interpersonal interactions.
• Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and complete designated tasks.
• Ability to demonstrate compassion and patience when dealing with patients and patient’s families.
• Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
• Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Communication – Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Computer Skills – Proficient ability to use a computer and electronic medical record.
• Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality. Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
• Customer Service Oriented – Friendly, cheerful and helpful to patients and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while following office policies and procedures.
• Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Flexibility – Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
• Multi Task – Ability to handle more than one task at the same time.
• Positivity – Display a positive attitude and is a positive agent for change.
• Teamwork – Work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers.
• Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
• Welcomes patients, visitors, physicians and staff in a warm, friendly and professional manner.
• Coordinate and manage the activities of the office staff members and perform general administrative tasks as directed by the Office Manager.
• Organize and assign duties and tasks to office staff members.
• Establish office staff member work schedules monthly and request Floater(s) from
• Area Manager as needed.
• Monitor daily performance of office staff members to ensure duties are completed accurately, efficiently and timely. Monitor and control overtime.
• Assist Office Manager with staff member time off requests.
• Assumes responsibility for assisting physicians with procedures and tests within the Medical Assistant Scope of Practice.
• Works with faculty practice manager to coordinate staff schedules and reports any issues with work flow processes.
• Attends monthly lead staff meetings and other department or physician’s meetings as assigned.
• Models and facilitates a positive team oriented approach to achieve excellent customer service.
• Assist with interviews. Conduct orientation and training on office policies and procedures.
• Identify issues and/or problems and recommend solutions to office staff members
• Ensure high quality care for patients by reviewing and researching concerns or complaints
• and recommending corrective action as appropriate.
• Assist in disciplinary action as needed in conjunction with Office Manager and Human
• Resources department. Document all disciplinary action.
• Maintain adequate office supplies. Ensure supply purchases are cost efficient and within the budget. Review and approve supply receipts
• Assist with scanning, purging and faxing patient records.
• Balance daily deposits
• Maintains any required documentation in the office logs.
• Block, open and oversee physician’s schedules, ensure that schedule requirements are being met.
• Run reports as needed.
• Monitor calls for quality control and oversee number of team members on phones at all times.
• Maintain the appearance and materials in the waiting room.
• Open and sort office mail.
• Monitor the flow of patient check in and check out. Keep patients informed of delays.
• Oversee front office collections of co-pays and account balances.
• Serve as a back-up for front office team members as needed by checking patients in and out and performing general administrative tasks due to staffing needs including vacations,illnesses, lunches, etc.
• Assist with or conduct periodic staff meetings with office staff members.
• Attend front and back office meetings and relay pertinent information to front office tea members timely.
• Attend periodic training sessions and meetings pertinent to position.
• Maintain excellent communication and effective working relationships with patients,providers, clinical and clerical team members within CCFMG and insurance companies, the public and the medical community outside CCFMG for continuity of high quality patient care.
• Maintain effective working relationships with all CCFMG departments including, but not limited to Operations, Human Resources, etc.
• Work at different CCFMG office locations as needed.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Checks voice mail messages regularly throughout the day and addresses or responds to all inquiries by the end of each day.
• Assists in routing completed billing sheet to the appropriate location.
• Maintains clean work area and cabinets.
• Maintains OSHA logs and keeps up to date for compliance.
• Inventories and orders medical supplies as needed.
• Makes appointment confirmation calls as needed.
• Provides back-up telephone coverage for front office as needed.
• Provides back-up to other medical assistants as needed.