Coding Educator – Patient Account Services
JOB PURPOSE: Ensure the development of a Coding and Documentation program to include development of staff to support the program.
• Develop and deliver Coding and Documentation Training program for physicians and staff consistent with industry standards and in compliance with coding guidelines.
• Develop and implement training plans to meet the needs of the Coding staff regarding Coding, billing and documentation policies and procedures.
• Reviewing areas weekly on each specialty for documentation improvement and Coding improvement and meets with provider groups related to findings and opportunity.
• Reviewing Coding staff quality of work and provides feedback on areas needing improvement.
• Researches and reviews Specialty Societies, Associations for common concerns and provides feedback to the Coding Staff and providers for solution planning.
• Departmental reviews at higher level Coding opportunities or missed opportunities: looking at a known patient’s entire submission and reviewing all provider documentation and compare to what has been turned in.
• Provide revenue optimization support with training, education, chart reviews and audits.
• Develops reporting on staff education
• Assist in the analysis and review of new services related to coding and billing requirements.
• Ensure compliance with all coding and billing regulations.
• Promote the purpose, values and foundations of CCFMG at all levels within the organization and to our community partners.