Clinical Quality Manager – University Centers of Excellence
JOB PURPOSE: An exempt RN position responsible for identifying, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating clinical quality and risk management activities and providing related consulting and support services.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• RN or LVN license required, NP or PA preferred.
• Education/training experience preferred.
• Quality management experience, preferably in a medical practice setting.
• 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a medical office setting.
• Current CPR certificate
• TB Test
• Knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) principles, practices, methods, and tools.
• Knowledge of computer applications related to Quality Improvement (QI), including data analysis programs and spreadsheets.
• Knowledge of medical records and clinical care processes.
• Skill in effective education and facilitation of CQI efforts in medical practice.
• Skill in application of tracking and reporting methodology using available software by developing appropriate reports.
• Skill in conducting QI checks of medical records and other clinical documentation
• Ability to educate staff in both verbal and written form about clinical topics and risk management procedures in formal and informal settings.
• Ability to interact effectively with health care team members.
• Ability to analyze data and identify trends and corrective actions.
• Work collaboratively and have effective communication with midlevel providers and physicians
• Standard office equipment including computer hardware and software.
• Primarily well lighted office settings.
• Frequent contact with a variety of people.
• Occasional patient contact.
• Combination of physician office and some classroom settings. May occasionally need to lift/carry/move audiovisual equipment weighing up to 25 pounds. Occasional stress related to deadline pressure.
• Provides and or coordinates clinical instruction, mentoring and leadership for all faculty practice clinical staff, including but not limited to the following:
o Nursing and Medical Assistant Orientation
o Competency Validation
o All Patient-care Equipment Training
o Implement programs for New Services
o Clinical, safety & regulatory requirements related to infection control, occupational safety, mandatory training & competencies
• Collaborates with operational leaders to include planning, implementation, promotion, scheduling, instruction, coordination and documentation of the on-boarding process.
• Create practice related procedures and protocol and ensure policy and procedure training of all practice related staff.
• Assures the new employee orientation supports compliance with all clinical, regulatory and public health standards.
• Assists with development, implementation and tracking of staff training.
• Assists in identifying learning needs and formulates goals to improve skill development.
• Conducts, documents and reports on periodic and focused risk assessments to include timely access to care, care management, medical records, informed consent and safety.
• Receives and responds to risk-related patient complaints and incident reports. Assists with timely resolution including development of corrective actions plans.
• Documents, analyzes and reports risk metrics, incident data and other information as required by regulatory and accrediting agencies.
• Participates in patient care equipment selection and ensures staff is educated on the use of new and existing equipment. Documents and tracks staff education.
• Leads CCFMG Safety Committee.
• Performs other duties as assigned.