Cash Posting – Patient Account Services
JOB PURPOSE: Perform a high volume of cash and denial posting, balancing, and reconciliation of payments.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• High school education or equivalent, with additional specialized training.
• Ability to pass testing at 70%.
• Experience working with a production based computerized system in the medical field performing billing functions or other related cash receipts experience preferred.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
• Ability to apply principles of analytical thinking to extract data from documents and to make decisions in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Experience in handling confidential data, i.e., patient demographic information, payer fee schedules, reimbursement rates, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
• Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to speak extemporaneously and professionally.
• Ability to stand, bend, stretch and walk. Must be able to transport from public parking areas up to 2 miles when necessary. Repetitive tasks (i.e., data entry, typing, 10-key input and writing) for one hour with two minute rest periods between each hour. Ability to lift up to twenty (20) pounds and comply with safety standards of the organization and hospital.
• Foster an environment of positive personal exchange of ideas and problem solving to promote service excellence in all contacts with our customers while performing the functions of this position.
• Balance, batch and post approved payments, adjustments, and denials from all payers.
• Balance and maintain cash posting logs.
• Meet daily and weekly deadline requirements, including ongoing requirement for attention to detail.
• Assist in the development and ongoing assessment of policies and procedures.
• Immediately identify and communicate problems to team members and management.
• Other administrative duties required to meet company performance standards.