Administrative Assistant – University Specialty Surgery Associates
A non-exempt position responsible for providing administrative support, under minimal supervision, to the Faculty Practice Directors (FPD), the UCOE committees and assigned Corporate committees.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• A.A. degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 3 years related work experience with 1 year in support of senior management. Some healthcare experience and knowledge of medical terminology required.
License and Certifications:
• Valid California driver’s license.
o Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
o Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
o Exceptional computer skills with advanced knowledge of Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet.
o Verbal and oral communication skills necessary to convey information effectively and professionally, with courtesy and tact.
o Exceptional customer service skills necessary to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of physicians and staff.
o Written communication skills that provide the ability to initiate and edit correspondence.
o Ability to work independently and make decisions in a multi-faceted, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
o Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
o Ability and willingness to propose and initiate ideas and tasks that will enhance the productivity of the department and therefore improve the overall effectiveness of CCFMG and UCOE practice sites.
• Coordinates the calendars for two Faculty Practice Directors. Schedules meetings with internal and external customers. Ensures all pertinent information is available for meetings.
• Performs a variety of complex clerical functions and secretarial duties for FPD’s including typing routine and confidential correspondence and preparing drafts, reports, spreadsheets and memos.
• Coordinates and prepares the monthly UCOE, Lead Staff and Performance Improvement committee meetings and agendas. Records minutes of meetings and provides effective follow through on all action items as directed.
• Prepares reference materials through research, spreadsheets and documentation, ensuring that all pertinent information is included and is distributed to Faculty Practice Directors within specified timelines.
• Acts as a liaison between CCFMG affiliates, practice sites, and other business contacts under FPD direction.
• Receives, processes, reports and tracks information related to the operations of UCOE under direction of the FPD.
• Greets customers, receives and distributes mail and reconciles invoices.
• Copying, filing and other administrative duties as assigned.
• Promotes the purpose, values and foundations of CCFMG at all levels of the organization and to our customers.