Administrative Assistant – Patient Account Services
JOB PURPOSE: Under minimal supervision, perform a variety of administrative tasks to support the Directors, Managers, and leadership of CCFMG.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• A.A. degree or equivalent work experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years related work experience with 1 year in support of senior management. Some healthcare experience and knowledge of medical terminology required.
Knowledge and Special Skills
• Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
• Exceptional computer skills with advanced knowledge of Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Power Point and the Internet.
• Typing speed of at least 55 words per minute.
• Verbal and oral communication skills necessary to convey information effectively and professionally, with courtesy and tact.
• Written communication skills that provide the ability to initiate and edit correspondence.
• Exceptional customer service skills necessary to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of Managers, physicians, and staff.
• Strong research skills via the Internet.
• Ability to work independently and make decisions in a multi-faceted, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability and willingness to propose and initiate ideas and tasks that will enhance the productivity of the department and therefore improve the overall effectiveness of CCFMG and UCOE practice sites.
• Coordinates the calendars for Director and various committee meetings. Schedules meetings with internal and external customers. Ensures all pertinent information is available for meetings.
• Coordinates and prepares committee meeting agendas. Records minutes of meetings and provides effective follow through on all action items as directed.
• Performs a variety of complex clerical functions and secretarial duties, including typing routine and confidential correspondence and preparing drafts, reports, spreadsheets and memos.
• Preparation of presentation materials to include graphs charts, etc.
• Prepares reference materials through internet research, spreadsheets and documentation, ensuring that all pertinent information is included and is distributed to committee members within specified timelines.
• Special projects/ assignments, especially for the Billing department, collecting and preparing data in spreadsheets.
• Develop methods to track data and information to include database management.
• Act as a liaison for Directors and Managers between CCFMG Administration, CCFMG Faculty, UCSF/ Fresno Medical Education Office, Community Medical Centers, community physicians, and other healthcare contacts.
• Promote purpose, values, and foundations of CCFMG at all levels of the organization and to our customers.
• Other administrative duties and/or projects required to meet company performance standards.