Accounting Associate A/P – Finance Department
To complete a variety of financial support duties associated with A/P processing.
Job Qualification Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• College level accounting courses preferred. An understanding of general accounting concepts required.
• Minimum 2 years experience required in Accounts Payable.
• Good spreadsheet and word processing application skills (Excel and Word preferred).
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• 10-key by touch.
• Highly detailed oriented.
• May lift 5-10 lbs. occasionally.
• Input all invoices, patient refunds and contracted services for payment. Prepare Finance Department and other miscellaneous vouchers, prepare and enter all void and manual checks into the A/P module. Review the check preview for accuracy, print checks, attach back up documentation for check signing and mail to the appropriate vendor.
• Complete month end A/P processing. Generate month end reports and balance to the accrued accounts payable account in the general ledger.
• Back-up for A/R Accounting Assistant in identifying patient accounts receivable.
• Prepare and make copies of all contract checks and miscellaneous checks and distribute.
• Prepare check requests for all medical education, departmental and miscellaneous physician expenses.
• Prepare patient cash deposits for bank.
• Cross train on other department positions.
• Other administrative duties required to meet company performance standards.