Academic OB/GYN Generalist
The UCSF Fresno Medical Education Program and Central California Faculty Medical Group (CCFMG) are recruiting for a general OB/GYN faculty member. UCSF Fresno, a regional campus of the University of California, San Francisco, features eight independent residency programs, seventeen fellowship programs and is a major teaching site for UCSF medical students.
At the time of hire, the applicant must have:
- Successfully completed ACGME/AOA accredited OB/GYN residency program
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Eligible to obtain a California Medical License or already be licensed in the State of California
- Individuals who want to practice complex family planning or who have completed a complex family planning fellowship.
At a minimum, the responsibility of this position includes:
- Service to UCSF Fresno and CCFMG in areas of patient care, teaching and supervision, and research appropriate to their professional training, capabilities, and career goals. The option for a hospitalist position with 15 10-12 hour shifts/month is available.
- Competitive compensation, benefits and productivity bonus
- Academic appointment and malpractice with UCSF School of Medicine
- 22 bed L&D with 3 dedicated ORs
- Only tertiary referral and level 1 trauma center in region
- Over 3,000 deliveries a year
- Large volume of high-risk obstetrics & gynecologic cases
- 100,000 sf state of the art Cancer Center
- 84 Bed Level III NICU
- Dual console da Vinci Robot surgical system
- Please apply at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04494
- Must include CV and a state of contributions for diversity
- 3 References (contact information only)
- Applicant materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission. The selected candidate must meet all of the qualifications at the time of appointment.
Department Recruitment Goals:
Recruit physicians who align with the needs of our multicultural population. Recruit physicians who demonstrate a desire/commitment to practice and care for patients in underserved areas. Recruit individuals who have a desire to teach and recruit physicians who want to practice in the Central Valley.
Fresno is a culturally diverse community with over 70 distinct ethnic groups in Fresno County with a large number of immigrants including a large Hmong community and over 50% of our population identifies as Hispanic/Latino. Our department serves as the safety net provider of Obstetrical and Gynecologic care in the Fresno area and surrounding counties for patients without providers or insurance coverage. Our resident clinic is based in a federally qualified health center where 80% of our patients rely on state funded insurance and 10% are uninsured. Our goal is to recruit physicians who want to provide care and address health inequities in the culturally rich San Joaquin Valley
The program is based in Fresno, California, where residents enjoy a high standard of living combined with a low cost of living. The result is a quality of life uniquely Californian, yet surprisingly affordable. The school system in Fresno and Clovis is excellent (e.g. US News ranked University HS in Fresno 5th out of 1,000+ California high schools). Limitless recreational opportunities and spectacular scenery is all accessible in a community with abundant affordable housing. While there is much to see and do in Fresno, the city is ideally located for fast, convenient getaways to the majestic Sierra (just 90 minutes away) as well as the scenic Central Coast, just two and one-half hours away. Fresno is the only major city in the country with close proximity to three national parks, including renowned Yosemite National Park.
For more information, contact Stephanie Harrison, Director of Physician Recruitment, email@example.com
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Salary: $244,00-$390,000. The range listed is exclusively for base compensation for full-time employment and does not include incentive compensation or benefits. Actual compensation may be adjusted for experience, training, hospital/community need and other factors. Actual compensation may also vary based on additional services, including call coverage, administrative services, performance bonus, and/or productivity.
Stephanie Delgado, Manager, Physician Recruiting